Revolutionary Cataract Surgery in Michigan for Better Results
According to reports from the Center for Disease Control, 3 million Americans undergo cataract operations every year. The same report showed that 98% of those surgeries yielded positive results. Dr. William Goldstein is providing revolutionary cataract surgery in Michigan to allow patients great results, and greater independence from glasses. Although this is the case, the advancement of new techniques and technology is expected to improve these rates even further. There has been development of a revolutionary procedure for the best cataract surgery Troy has to offer.
How cataract affects people
There are many ways a person can develop cataracts. Some of the most common causes include diabetes, hypertension, aging, and overexposure to ultraviolet light. The clouding symptoms normally begin to appear at the age of 55. In some cases, patients may notice the obstruction of their vision by a veiled glare, which is caused when the cataract scatters light into the eye. The best cataract surgery has to offer can help in correcting the following problems:
· Difficulty seeing objects even from a close distance
· Difficulty reading
· Difficulty seeing when driving, especially at night.
· The need for bifocals or changing glass prescriptions
How the new procedure works
With the most reputable cataract surgery Troy can provide, you can get lens implants that will mimic the eyes you had when you were younger. The procedure is known as multi-focal intraocular cataract surgery and lasts for about 15 minutes. The plastic lens implants used in traditional cataract surgery were monofocal, so they provide visual clarity at only one distance.
After this surgery, you should be able to see objects at close and intermediate distances. This means it will be much easier for you to read your favorite books or to notice important street signs. There have been reports of patients noticing minor haloing when looking at bright lights after undergoing this surgery. However, the problem is likely to lessen as your eyes eventually adjust to the new lenses.
Benefits of multi-focal intraocular cataract surgery
Here are a few of the benefits you can get from undergoing the best multi-focal intraocular cataract surgery has to offer:
· Since the method helps in quick healing, you won’t need stitches. In short, you can resume your daily activities in just 24 hours after undergoing the surgery.
· The procedure doesn’t take long to complete. With the preparation and rest of the procedure, you should be able to leave the clinic within an hour.
· You have a good chance of avoiding future visits to the optometrist, as this surgery corrects most vision issues you might be having.
· The surgery is reasonably priced, but you may be able to get coverage from your insurance company.
This revolutionary cataract surgery procedure is expected to improve the success rate of all cataract surgeries conducted in the United States. Speak with your optometrist now to find out if you are an ideal candidate for multi-focal intraocular cataract surgery.