Laser Eye Care Center
It is our goal to provide a safe environment for all patients as well as staff members. To that end, a strict COVID protocol has been established in the office, with pre-screening of all patients, and check-ins by staff before engaging in patient care.
All patients receive a phone call at least 1 day prior to appointment to remind them they need to wear a mask, and that, with few exceptions, only the patient is allowed in the office. During this phone call, the staff gives them the check-in phone number to call when they are in the parking lot. Patients are also asked if they have had COVID or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive within the last 3 weeks. If they have had contact or infection during that time period, they are asked to reschedule their appointment.
Before entry to the office, each patient is questioned about COVID symptoms, has their temperature taken, and is asked to sanitize their hands. Admittance to the office is at the discretion of the staff based on these conditions, and any patient can be asked to reschedule if there is any issue or discrepancy.
Overview of Office Protocol
- Screening for all patients and staff
- Staff ‘check-ins’ implemented with online form. Covid questionnaire completed and temperature checked at beginning of work day for all staff, physicians and other providers
- Patients called, ‘phone check in’ questionnaire completed on all patients 1 day prior to appointment
- Verbal ‘in person check in’ and temp check performed on all patients before entry to office
- Patients required to sanitize hands before entry to office
- Waiting room is closed.
- Posted signs
- Red tape on all chairs
- ‘One way traffic flow’ has been established, with flow clearly marked with red arrows on floor
- All staff required to handwash either with warm water and anti-bacterial soap or 70% alcohol hand scrub
- PPE is required for all staff and patients at all times while in office
You may preview the screening questionnaire by clicking on this link: